Haydock - About Us
The idea of partnership and ‘help for the industry from the industry’ was pioneered and developed by the Haydock Construction Health and Safety Initiative that was formed in 2000. The events they have organised have been particularly successful in attracting and influencing small firms in the industry.
- Speakers at the events will be experienced practitioners from the industry itself
- Sponsors will include large contractors, suppliers, exhibitors and the HSE.
- Exhibitors will include training organisations, PPE and work equipment suppliers etc.
The objects of the events are to:
- Improve awareness of high risk activities and health issues
- Demonstrate practical measures to control risks
- Promote continuous improvement in health and safety performance
- The industry’s Revitalising Health and Safety targets
- HSEs priority topics
- The Working Well Together Campaign
The events organised by the Northwest Construction Health and Safety Initiative are free to all delegates. The events are funded by:
- Sponsorship from local contractors.
- Funding from the HSE